Folding T shirt in 2 seconds, driving licences and kidney donor cards?

At the practice we are just about to start taking part in the Productive General Practice improvement programme. The programme is designed to help general practice continue to deliver high quality care whilst meeting increasing levels of demand and diverse expectations. At the core of the programme is looking at how we do things and how we can change the way we do things so that we can release time to invest in improving patient outcomes and staff well being. The Productive General Practice website can be found by clicking here. I went to an introductory workshop for the programme about three weeks ago and one of the ice breakers was how to fold a T shirt in two seconds - if you click here you can see a YouTube demonstration of how to do it!

I have just come back from a two week break in Italy. We hired a car and before I went I got my old driving licence out. I have had it since I passed my driving test when I was 17 (passed first time!) and I still have the old style paper driving licence but it is falling to bits. There are tears along the edges and it is almost held together just by the cobwebs in my wallet! So I am applied for a new photo card driving licence and as well as paying the fee (and I didn't realise that you now have to apply and pay a fee every 10 years ...) I ticked the boxes to get on the NHS Organ Donor Register AND told my nearest and dearest about my wishes. If you would like to be an NHS Organ Donor and possibly give someone the gift of life after your death click here - it is really easy to do.

So, by going on holiday I used the T shirt folding in two seconds I had learnt from the Productive General Practice programme and registered as kidney donor - not a bad link eh?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stroke Connect

Welcome to Dr Siobhan Waldron

Kings Medical Practice - Privacy Notice